The Gatsby Benchmarks
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a set of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges. The government has directed schools to work towards achieving 100% against the benchmarks. We have support from an Enterprise Coordinator from at GMCA (Greater Manchester Combined Authority) and an Enterprise Advisor.
Enterprise Coordinator (SEND) – Diane Norburn
School Enterprise Advisor – Dean Kleban.
In order to achieve the Gatsby Benchmarks we have a strategic and sustainable careers programme that all form teachers and subject teachers work towards.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance